Free Consultations & Payment Plans Available

I Was on Another Person’s Property and I Had a Slip and Fall Accident. Can I Sue for My Injuries in Atlanta?

When you visit a business of the home of a friend or family member, you expect that the property will be maintained enough to prevent the odds that you will have a slip and fall accident. If you have been injured in a slip, trip, or fall accident on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for the cost of your medical treatment. You must prove that the property owner was negligent and did not the take the proper steps to provide a safe environment for guests.

Some examples of negligent behavior

by a property owner include not attempting to maintain the premises, such as by failing to repair uneven steps and failing to warn about the uneven steps or take other appropriate actions. It’s common for a property owner to attempt to cover up the scene of an accident in order to avoid responsibility. Therefore, if you have had an accident on another person’s property, you should take pictures of the scene immediately after the accident so that it cannot be tampered with later. You should also seek emergency medical treatment. If there are witnesses around, you should obtain their contact information. Finally, you should report the accident to the property owner before you leave the scene.

There are over 9 million emergency room visits annually to treat injuries from falls.

Many of those occur because of the negligence of a property owner. Slipping and falling can be much more dangerous than many people think. When a person slips and lands with a great deal of momentum, particularly on a hard surface, he or she can incur broken bones, brain injuries, whiplash, herniated disks, or more. Over 25,000 people annually die from falls, which illustrates how dangerous a slip and fall accident can be.

If you can prove that you were injured because of a property owner’s negligence,

you are entitled to the cost of your medical treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any out-of-pocket expenses. In most cases, these expenses will be paid by the property owner’s insurance policy, so you should not hesitate to demand compensation if you have been injured on another’s property. However, in order to recover compensation you must establish that the owner of the property on which you were injured was negligent in the maintenance of the property, and that negligence contributed to your injuries. You must also prove the severity of your injuries.

If you have been injured in a slip and fall

or trip and fall accident in the Atlanta metropolitan area, it’s critical that you speak with an attorney. Call the Atlanta personal injury attorneys at Holston & Huntley. We will provide you with a free consultation on your case, and if we choose to take your case you pay us nothing unless we obtain a recovery for you. Call us today- consultations are free and you are under no obligation to use our services. We serve Metro Atlanta Georgia as well as Birmingham Alabama including surrounding areas.

Scroll to Top