Auto Accident Tips
Schedule a Free Consultation
Quick Tips if You Are Involved in an Auto or Trucking Accident
Were you just in an accident? It can be hard to know what to do in the heat of the moment. At Holston & Huntley, we’ve spent years helping clients who have just experienced traumatic auto collisions and other incidents. To help you handle this unexpected crisis, we’ve put together the following compilation of auto accident tips.
What Should I Do if I’m Involved in an Auto or Trucking Accident?
- Help or get help for injured people.
- Warn motorists (use flares, hazard lights, etc.).
- Call 911 to get in touch with police or Highway Patrol.
- Immediately call or see a physician if you have any health concerns.
- Take notes on the accident (i.e. write down information about the other driver and car, witnesses, passengers, accident location, and more).
- Cooperate fully with law officers, but speak with your insurance company or insurance agent and/or lawyer before accepting any blame.
What Should I Do Next?
- Contact a lawyer for legal assistance with filing a claim or dealing with your insurance company.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Make a claim with your insurance company and/or the other driver’s insurance company to pay for your injuries and losses.
- Contact your insurance company and/or a lawyer if you are sued.
Hear From Our Clients
– Joseph Massey
– Former Client
– Jamaal H.
– Gabrielle J
– Gubray J.